Lee's Summit, MO
If you are looking to take your career to the next level, Citizens Bank and Trust is the place for you. Citizen Bank & Trust, headquartered in Kansas City, MO, is looking for a SMB Commercial Banker (Small to Mid Size). The Commercial Banker is responsible for the acquisition, retention and expansion of commercial banking clients and prospects. The focus is on developing full small to mid-size commercial banking relationships and revenue growth through the generation of loans, deposits, and fee-based services, as well as cross-selling other bank products and services, while managing all client relationships within your portfolio. Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans/Disabled.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interview SMB Commercial and Consumer loan applicants and collect/analyze financial related data to determine the general creditworthiness of the prospect and loan request.
- Support Retail and other bank associates to resolve consumer lending processes and issues.
- Establish and negotiate the terms under which credit will be extended, including costs, repayment method, schedule and collateral requirements.
- Collect and analyze information that reflects the current creditworthiness of customers and the current merits of existing loans.
- Monitor loan repayment activities and take necessary action to collect from past due accounts.
- Advise customers on financial matters.
- Develop new business by contacting prospects and cross selling existing customers.
- Develop material for and make presentations to the loan committee when required.
- Prepare and execute appropriate loan and legal documents.
- Maintain and manger proper documentation and credit files on assigned loan portfolio.
- Participate in community activities and service organizations consistent with core values to increase the bank's visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Serve as contact officer for non-borrowing accounts and loan customers for matters relating to other bank services.
- Undertake special projects and duties relating to departmental services as requested.
- Responsible for growing revenue through a broad range of financial products to include, but not limited to the generation of loans, deposits, treasury services, and fee-based services.
- Responsible for maintenance, monitoring and growth of existing relationships, utilizing existing customer referrals, direct prospect calling, centers of influence and personal community involvement.
- Become intimately familiar with and monitor the financial condition of small/mid size clients.
- Develop and maintain a network of business partners both internal and external.
- Responsible for all aspects of Corporate Banking client relationship management.
- Increase number of relationships utilizing Wealth and Private Banking services.
- Identify and analyze customer financial product needs and bring appropriate banking solutions to bear through the cross-sale of the full complement of Citizens Bank & Trust products.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree, or equivalent experience. Minimum five years of relationship management experience selling banking products in the appropriate segmentation required. Strong credit relationship management and business development experience is required. Candidate must have a thorough knowledge of bank products and services. Formal commercial credit training is preferred. Excellent communication skills, presentation, written and verbal required, as well as excellent organizational skills. Must be a self-starter who has demonstrated initiative asking for business, developing relationships and is confident calling on centers of influence to maintain networks and relationships.