Kansas City Metro
The VP/Commercial Real Estate Loan Officer is responsible for the acquisition, retention and expansion of commercial real estate banking client and prospect relationships. The focus is on developing commercial real estate banking relationships and revenue growth through the generation of loans while managing all client relationships within your portfolio.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for interviewing loan applicants and collecting/analyzing financial and related data to determine the general creditworthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request by using income property/construction lending underwriting techniques, site analysis, title review, appraisal review, credit analysis, including global cash flow of borrower and guarantors.
- Responsible for establishing and negotiating, within limits, where necessary, the terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method and schedule and collateral (appraisal) requirements.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing information that reflects the current creditworthiness of customers and the current merits of existing loans. Information may be obtained by direct inspection of the applicant’s business and/or collateral (which includes ensuring property appraisals are obtained), review of interim financial reports and personal interview.
- Responsible for performing maintenance and constant analysis of assigned portfolio to ensure that portfolio has not deteriorated, proper documentation is available, customer contact is maintained, loan repayment activities are monitored, review construction draw packages and take necessary action to collect from past due accounts.
- Responsible for developing new business by contacting prospects and customers. Also, cross-sell bank services.
- Responsible for developing material for and make loan presentations to the Executive Committee where required.
- Participate in community affairs to increase the bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Serve as a Contact Officer for non-borrowing accounts and loan customers for matters relating to other bank services.
- Undertake special projects relating to departmental/bank needs as assigned.
Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from accredited university and have completed extensive credit analyst training and have experience in commercial lending, real estate lending or commercial lending. Strong relationship management and business development experience is required. General knowledge of underwriting and construction lending techniques for income producing real estate and working knowledge of construction loan administration. Candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of bank products and services. Candidate should demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, as well as excellent organizational skills. Must be a self-starter who has demonstrated initiative asking for business, developing relationships and is confident calling on centers of influence to maintain networks and relationships.